Less than 6 months ago we purchased our very first home. Its not a huge house and I cant call it my dream house but its ours and I am very grateful to God and happy that we have it. I love homes that have beautiful architectural details, this house doesn’t have any but I am very motivated to make it beautiful. I know its not going to be an easy task and it will take some hard work. We also do not want to put a whole lot of money into it because who knows how long we will stay here, so you will be seeing a lot of DIY. We love our neighborhood and are considering adding on in the future but it all depends on what Gods plan is for us. These are a few of the projects we have planned for this year. I would like to share the process with all of you and get some feedback.]
Here is the checklist for this year
1. Replace the living room window with a much larger better
quality window, and replace the patio doors with french doors.
2. Make 2 upholstered headboards (one for our room and one for Olichkas room)
3. Remodel master bath
4. flatten out texture on walls in main bath and add backsplash.
5. Paint front door
6. Take out all the yucky ivy-ish stuff in front lawn and replace with sod.
7. Replace window in master bedroom with a bay window and add a window seat.
8. Flatten out texture on master bedroom walls, paint, add paneling and baseboards.
9. Add recessed lighting in master bedroom, living room and Tonys room.
10. Sew a white slipcover for our sectional.
11. Finish crown molding in Olyas room, master bedroom, bathrooms, and hall.
12. Hopefully put new concrete in the front driveway.
13. Sew drapes for master bedroom and Tonys room.
14. make a slipcover for Tonys chair.
15. Buy and paint a french dresser and nightstand for Olyas room.
16. Buy a new coffee table.
17. Tile the backsplash in kitchen.
18. Replace the “boob lights” in hall.
19. Add more lighting in front and back yards.
20. Make a fireplace mantle.
21. Refinish the dining set that is in the garage.
22. Add shelving and folding table in laundry.
23. Have a huge yard sale to get rid of all the stuff in garage.
24. Take out carpet in master and add hardwood.
25. Build a new shed in backyard.
26. Make a swing for kids.
27. Make a slide from the treehouse.
30. Create a nook with built-in seating in dining area.
31. Paint Olyas room.
Now some of these projects are easy peasy and will only take a couple hours work but I had to write them down so that they can get done :)